I’m very excited to share with you what’s about to land on the Earth’s beautiful face with sheer joy, grace, and sanctity, to finally give the “Answer to Life, the Universe and everything”.
I mean, we have just completed development and internal testing for our upcoming release, Oxwall 1.5. This is going to be our most important release this year. What’s so great about it, you ask?
Origin: the new default theme
Oxwall gets the new look’n'feel so it really becomes a whole lot of a different software, especially when Origin works with the new…
- We redesigned user console, so now it’s less obtrusive, more efficient, and more functional. It can be used by various plugins to enhance user experience and interaction. Now those plugins can get important functions at your disposal within a click or two on every page.
- As a result, we are introducing real-time on-site notifications, so you’ll be able to find out instantly that someone commented on your photo, or invited you to an event – all while you are chatting or playing games.
- Instant chat redesigned from ground up to make it more comfortable to chat with friends online.
- Watchdog, the new native anti-SPAM plugin. It’s functionality is a little limited at the moment, but we commit to make it a valuable part of Oxwall, available out of the box.
- Very important improvements, including:
- the ability for admin to edit users’ profile info and view hidden entries;
- smoothly removing old unused newsfeed items thus improving performance;
- default rating system improvement;
- and a million others.
More themes coming soon
We plan to make many new free modern themes based on Origin. You can count on those appearing in the Oxwall Store pretty soon.
… is available immediately. All developers and beta testers will be notified to receive access and start testing the platform and their plugins and themes for compatibility.
For the rest of us, Oxwall 1.5 hits the ground on December 19. That’s what I call stealing thunder from Christmas. Keep tight!
Oxwall Foundation team